All Indian students are required to have a visa before entering Germany for further education. Visas for Germany can be given under 3 categories for Indian students.
- Student Visa (For students who are admitted into a German Institute)
- Student Applicant visa (For students who do not have an admission in to a German institute yet)
- Visa for language course (for students who are interested in attending a language course in Germany)
What minimum conditions do you have to meet to apply for student visa?
Students must have an admission letter from a German Higher Education Institute or a preparatory course (Studienkolleg) Students must have enough financial means to fund themselves in Germany
Documents needed to apply for a student visa
- Passport – The Passport Should be Valid for 12 months at the time of application
- Visa fee of € 60 payable in Indian Rupees .
- Visa application forms.
- 3 Photographs according to the biometric specifications.
- Admission Letter from the University
- Marks Memos’ and Degree Confirming Certificates
- IELTS / TOEFL Score cards
- Proof funds to the Extent of € 7600.
With all the documents you need to VFS office nearest to you. VFS Verifies the Application and documents if all are in order and returns a sealed packet with all these documemts and schedules appoints with German High Commission in the Jurisdiction of state of your state of Residence.
Visa Processing Time: 4-6 Weeks